Current PARSE Legislative activities include the following:
- Monitoring the Administration's activities with respect to health benefits for retirees so as to be prepared to intervene in any proposals by the Governor that would change health benefits or increase state retirees’ contributions for their health benefits.
- Work with the State Employees Retirement System (SERS) and the State Legislature to preserve and maintain the fiscal stability of the State Retirement System.
- Work with the Pennsylvania Retirement Security Coalition (PARSC) to develop a grass roots advocacy program for Coalition members so as to be prepared to have a consistent response to any issues that may affect state retirees.
- Development of position papers on issues affecting state retirees for use by PARSE and PARSC in grass roots advocacy programs.
- Present and advocate the position of PARSE to members of the State Legislature, the Governor’s Office, SERS and key administrative staff on issues of importance to state retirees.